FILTERS ARE NOT JUST FOR INSTAGRAM - Unconscious bias
Biased decision-making and a lack of diversity create a vicious cycle of stifled innovation and doing what we’ve always done. This session focuses on opening up the blind spot and learning about the various biases we may have. It also explores tools and techniques to mitigate these biases. Applying tools and information helps businesses increase collaboration, encourage new ideas and boost the bottom line.
What skills will I gain?
- Understand the critical importance of sound decision-making
- Evaluate personal bias and how this affects decision-making
- Identify key areas to improve in the decision making process
- Develop new strategies to mitigate bias and make balanced decisions
- Application of Cognitive Framing and reframing
- Implement changes to support a healthy decision making culture within your team and organisation
- Knowledge of how to foster inclusion in the workplace
What does it cover?
- The biology of the brain and how biases are formed
- Diversity and inclusion
- Cognitive framing
- Decision Making
- Practical tools to mitigate biases
Who is it for?
Current leaders, new leaders, emerging leaders, employees, individuals and volunteers looking for tools to mitigate bias and create cultural success and longevity.