Motivation & Coaching
Are you looking to motivate your team and improve performance quickly? The discipline of coaching gives Leaders and Coaches skills to empower people to elicit their own solutions rather than telling them what to do. Human beings are hardwired to seek autonomy, which is why this skill is so effective.
We explore the science behind what parts of the brain are engaged when we feel motivated and offer applicable tools to motivate our teams in the workplace.
The majority of this course is experiential. Participants will be practicing new techniques as well as giving and receiving peer feedback to improve the application of this skill acquired in the session.
What skills will I gain?
• Learning how to uncover people’s motivators and how to engage them
• How to ask powerful questions and the different techniques available
• Understanding important factors in setting the scene for coaching
• Learning how to coach effectively
What does it cover?
• Learning about what happens in the brain when we are motivated and why motivation is important
• How to ascertain motivating factors using the MARS model
• Skills and attributes required for coaching such as active listening and questioning techniques
• The GROW coaching model and how to coach effectively
Who is it for?
This course is appealing to Aspiring, Emerging and Current Leaders, Business Owners, Salespeople, Volunteers and Teammates who are looking to enhance their skills in motivating and developing themselves and others. There is an optional qualification upgrade available, please enquire for more details.