Leadership and Management
Course Objectives and Outcomes
Leaders are the single most important factor in employee engagement, retention and productivity.
Good leaders set workplace culture allowing businesses to operate efficiently and effectively.
This cluster is designed to develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of leaders to effectively and consciously lead a team or workgroup in a work environment.
Effective communicators adapt and modify personal styles to match what they want an audience to feel and understand. They understand the impact they have on others and how to achieve optimal outcomes by bringing people along the journey.
This program explores the psychology of influence in order to embrace ideas, recommendations and deliver information persuasively to stakeholders to gain their trust and confidence.
This workshop focuses;
- How to develop emotional intelligence
- Building personal resilience
- Relating powerfully to all workplace situations
- Influencing others
- Dealing with difficult people and situations
- Self-awareness and how to open up the blind spots
- Creating impactful behavioural change through the communication process
Leaders are actively engaged in planning activities to achieve the objectives of the organisation.
The role of leadership is to provide safe, efficient and effective products and services to client satisfaction.
Leaders will learn to implement operational plans by monitoring and adjusting performance, producing short term plans, identifying and acquiring resources and providing reports on performance.
This workshop focuses on:
- Executing an effective operational planning process
- Deconstructing goals into initiatives/programs and projects
- Developing contingency plans by identifying hidden threats and options to resolve them
- Aligning the operational plans to the project goals
- Action planning
Building Exceptional Teams
Leaders directly impact how well their teams work together.
Team performance is paramount in project success. This cluster provides a range of thought provoking tools for leaders to build more effective and highly performing teams.
This workshop focuses on:
- Building trust with diverse team members
- Team and stakeholder communication
- Team performance goals, roles and accountabilities
- Encouraging intrinsic motivation through 'Ovation' strategies
- Developing and facilitating team cohesion
- Leading through change
- Managing and resolving conflict in a healthy way
- Coaching and mentoring effectively for success and team growth
Continuous and Never Ending Improvement
'Standing still equates to going backwards'.
In the VUCA age where uncertainty is rife and the goal posts continue to move, leaders need to adapt mindsets to keep up with emerging trends. Being able to access unique and novel thinking to problem solve and overcome challenges is a key skill to navigate the modern business landscape. The continuous and never-ending improvement workshop focuses on how we set the wheels in motion to continually improve alongside the constant state of flux.
- Encouraging teams towards a growth mindset
- Making insightful and innovative thinking the status quo
- Developing tools and techniques for innovation
- Developing an environment that generates cognitive insights