WHAT'S YOUR STORY? - The science of impactful storytelling
Define your intention
Design your message
Deliver with impact
If you’re having trouble communicating a vision, selling an idea or getting the team on board, you may be interested in using Storytelling as a strategic influencing tool.
With the average attention span lasting no more than seven seconds, it has never been more important to capture and hold attention. This session focuses on how to craft and deliver an artful story. Using contemporary neuroscience, we explore what works to help make messages memorable.
We delve into how to communicate stories in the most potent way. Participants learn presentation skills, hints and tips and get to practice presenting their stories back to both large and small groups.
What skills will I gain?
- How to sell an idea using an easy, structured approach
- Understanding how to adapt the use of language to be more memorable
- How to draw real life parallels and connect emotion to inspire change
- Learning a structure that works to create a powerful message
- How to improve professional speaking ability, regardless of the current level
- An improved level of confidence when speaking to groups, large or small
What does it cover?
- The scientific rationale for using Storytelling as an influencing tool
- A design model to deliver a persuasive message
- How to use inspirational language that engages, persuades and provokes new thinking
- Presenting hints, tips and techniques
- A presentation workshop with peer feedback and self-reflection
- The opportunity to practice in a safe environment
Who is it for?
This course is appealing to Aspiring, Emerging and Current Leaders wanting to influence the people in their organisation as well as Business Owners, Salespeople, Volunteers and Teammates. There is an optional qualification upgrade available, please enquire for more details.